of Local History Organisations
Salford Histories Festival
The previous Festival was held on Saturday 30th October 2021 at Fletcher Hall and St Peter’s Church, Swinton and was hugely successful. The event was opened by Derek Atrobus at 10am and attracted people from far and wide, including Essex and Yorkshire! Over 500 people attended and both venues were busy throughout the day.
Some photographs are viewable by clicking here.
Here is some feedback:
- First, I just wanted to say well done to everyone for putting on a magnificent day. It worked really well, and the link between the 2 sites made it feel like one location, which was great. I was pleased to see it so well attended.
- Many congratulations on an excellent day. The preparation work really paid off. It was well attended by people who really cared about Salford. I met some interesting people.
- I would like to express my thanks for organising the festival yesterday. It was a very enjoyable day and provided the opportunity to see people who I had not seen for well over 18 months. We did very well. I think you and your team did a remarkable job bearing in mind the current situation. I would be grateful if you would extend my thanks to all those involved. If you want to summarise the day in a few words, I would say that it was a “Very good day, well organised and provided something for everyone, both young and old.”
- The arrangements for parking, unloading and loading were very good.
- Just a quick email to thank you and your colleagues for organising such an excellent event yesterday at Fletcher Hall. This was the first Salford Histories Festival that I have attended. I was impressed by the warm and efficient welcome and the whole smooth running of the event.
- Excellent, value for money – refreshments served by courteous staff.